Membership Terms & Conditions of CPD Quality Standards (CPDQS)
- The terms and conditions contained in this document are applicable to all the members of the CPDQS.
- The approval of membership application and the continuation of membership as well as the termination of the membership are entirely at the discretion of CPDQS.
- Membership commences at the date on which CPDQS issues the membership certificate;
- Members are at liberty to choose membership type by selecting the price plan and agree to pay the appropriate fees either with one off annual payment or in monthly instalments by direct debit.
- CPDQS is at liberty to change the membership fees or price plan at any time without any prior notice which will be applicable at the renewal of the membership.
- Memberships are for a minimum subscription period of 12 months.
- The membership shall be automatically renewed at the end of the minimum subscription period and each subsequent subscription period for a further period of 12 months unless the membership has been previously terminated in accordance with clause  or the member has given notice of cancellation, such notice to be received in writing at the Head Office address of CPDQS not later than 30 days prior to the expiry of the subscription period. Such notice will not be deemed to be received unless CPDQS shall issue an acknowledgement to the member.
- The amount of the renewal membership fees may change from the fees charged for the previous subscription period if the type of membership has changed or CPDQS changes the price plan.
- Membership is not transferable and all CPDQS services are particular to members only. Members are not allowed to transfer, assign or otherwise deal with any or all of members rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without the prior written consent from CPDQS.
- If the membership is cancelled by either party, the member will have no further entitlement to the valuable rights and benefits of membership, including without limitation, the right to use the CPDQS name, brands, logos, or other copyright material on any premises, publication, or web site, or the benefit of CPDQS services.
- The valuable rights and benefits of membership may be varied by CPDQS subject to 30 day’s notice to all members.
- When members submit the materials of any CPD activity, members do confirm and warrant that they are either the proprietor of the materials or that they have the proprietor’s permission to use the materials and for submitting them to CPDQS. Member or the proprietor of the materials (if applicable) retain all intellectual property rights in materials and members grant CPDQS a licence to use such materials to the extent required to allow us to perform CPDQS obligations under the terms and conditions contained in this document.
- Members hereby agree that when CPDQS assess any material of any CPD activity it is not assessing the technical content, accuracy or completeness of such materials. CPDQS assessment of any material is limited to assessing whether, in its opinion, such material is suitable for further learning purposes and comply with CPDQS general guidelines on the use of training materials for further learning purposes.
- Members agree that they will indemnify CPDQS against all costs, claims, damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any claim or action in the event that members are in breach of the warranty given in clause 13 above or if the materials infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, infringe any other rights or if they are in any way unlawful.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, CPDQS and any third parties connected to CPDQS shall not be liable to any member, or any third party for any costs, expenses, loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential, and whether economic or other) arising from any members’ exercise of any rights granted under the terms and conditions contained in this document. CPDQS hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity. Nothing in the terms and conditions contained in this document shall have the effect of excluding or limiting any liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud.
- CPDQS may terminate the membership immediately by giving the member written notice if any member in breach of the terms and conditions contained in this document and if such breach is remediable a member fails to remedy the breach within 14 days of requesting such remedy in writing.
- Members are also entitled to terminate the membership at any time by giving 30 days prior written notice and is such termination notice is given part-way through a membership period, any annual fee shall remain payable for the remainder of the then current period and members shall not be entitled to any refund of any annual fee which has already been paid.
- Personal Data supplied to CPDQS is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. This data may be used to supply members with information relevant to their business.
- For using the website of CPDQS https://www.cpdqs.co.uk/ and for other purposes, members are subject to the CPDQS general terms and conditions https://www.cpdqs.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- All members are required to comply with CPDQS code which are as follows:
- Ensure that minimum legal requirements regarding health and safety are maintained.
- Ensure that on joining the members are aware of the standard terms and conditions that apply to their membership.
- Ensure that any written contracts for members are in accordance with fair trading laws.
- Ensure that complaints by customers are acknowledged and that communication is maintained until the matter is resolved.
- Ensure a commitment to the Equality Act 2010.
- Ensure a commitment to the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, and in particular the provisions regarding the licensing and copyright.
CPD QUALITY STANDARDS