“Put Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) at the heart of the development of higher education and research to improve access to higher education and the effectiveness of the system”.
The Virtual University of Gabon (UNIVGA) is a private e-learning institution, created to allow people with mobility constraints to access higher education training, thanks to the resources and tools of e-learning (platform, tutoring, videoconferencing, media, virtual library). UNIVGA offers distance learning (called e-learning courses).
Why did you create UNIVGA?
- To meet a growing demand for access to higher education.
- To reduce inequalities of access.
- To develop distance learning and encourage teaching and research staff to use ICTs.
- To have a university that fits into the social fabric.
- To deliver training in line with market demand (employment & self employment).
- To be the vector of concepts related to the use of ICTs for pedagogical purposes, to lifelong learning abilities, to autonomy, to abilities related to collaborative work.
- To make the concept a “training for all”, a reality.
- contribute to the development of human capital through qualifying and efficient ICT training for inclusive economic development of the country.
For who ?
- People with reduced mobility or unable to attend courses in traditional universities;
- Professionals in activity;
- The communities ;
- Excluded from the traditional university system;
- Targets of partners such as ministries, enterprises, national and foreign universities, international organizations.